Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So for the past few days Claire and I have been alone in our apartment. Phillip, Laura and Theresa went to the beach and Lisa and Colleen started their job at Liga (the highschool).
Yesterday Somer, a girl from our TESOL course went home. She originally came down here as a volunteer teaching English, but then she hurt her ankle and had to quit her volunteer job and move to Quito for physical therapy. So while she was finishing up her physical therapy she took the TESOL course. It was sad to see her go, because she isn't sure when she'd come back. But hopefully it will be soon.
Right now I'm making cookies, hopefully they'll work out. The oven doesn't really say temperatures and I'm not quite sure what to do for such a high altitude, but I'm sure if I keep an eye on them they'll be fine. I bought the eggs for them this morning and at the supermarket and whats funny is that they don't refrigerate eggs here. Another weird thing is that they put the expiration date right on the eggs. Its weird that every egg has some writing on it.
This weekend I'm going to Banos. Its about 4 hours away. The whole language corp group is going. I'm not quite sure what exactly we are going to do except that we are "canyoning down waterfalls" I'm not sure exactly what that means but hopefully I'll have more luck with these waterfalls than I did in Mindo.

No comments: