Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday, October 8.

Claire, Theresa and I went to a basilica in Quito. This basilica- which I also can’t remember the name of, has one of the best views of Quito. I honestly felt like I was at the top of the world. I mean Quito already is pretty high up and then this was the tallest spot in the city, so it kind of is. To get to the top of the towers you have to climb all these really creepy stairs and ladders and while you are climbing you can see the view of the whole city so it looks like you are literally climbing the outside of the church. I discovered my fear of heights today. In truth I actually didn’t make it all the way to the top of the towers. The ladder rungs were really far apart at the top and seeing as how I have really short legs, I actually couldn’t make it up. I’m sure I could have made it up if I really tried, but when I was about to I realized that I would have had to come back down eventually, so I decided that it was probably better not to climb. Theresa, the daredevil climbed all the way to the top and said it wasn’t really much better of a view, so that made me feel better.

After the basilica we went to the best ice cream place in Quito. For $1.40 we got two scoops of ice cream. I ordered chocolate and taxo. I didn’t know what taxo was so I was being super adventurous. After google search I found out taxo is a fruit that I’m not really a fan of.

Taxo cut longitudinally. The chocolate was delicious though, so it was a total loss.

But all in all it was a pretty touristy day. Probably the last one in Quito until December because I’ll be starting work next week and I think I’m going to the beach on Friday but we’ll see.

No comments: